We are very grateful to DHL/Guernsey Freight Services who have been so loyal to us and sponsored all our Christmas Concerts going back many years.
The Queen's Silver Jubilee Concert on May 9th 2012 is sponsored by Polygon.
Polygon has transformed itself from an insurance company in the 1990’s into a successful investment company supporting and investing in Channel Islands businesses. They search for new investment partnerships where their capital and management expertise can create added value for both their partners and Polygon. Typically, Polygon invests to own 50% alongside an existing management team to facilitate a management buyout or back a new venture.
WITH THE GUERNSEY CHORAL AND ORCHESTRAL SOCIETY
Guernsey Choral and Orchestral Society (GCOS) has the highest reputation within the musical life of Guernsey for artistic and technical excellence.
GCOS singers are amateur in the true sense of that word. They are accomplished individuals who join together in their love of music. Many of the orchestral members are professional musicians who nevertheless accompany the Choir as amateurs (typically these will be music teachers). However, the Conductor, Orchestral Trainer and certain players are professional orchestral or soloist musicians who command a fee.
In order to perform public concerts in Guernsey with a wide-ranging repertoire it is often appropriate to bring to the Island guest musicians and professional soloists.
It is a financial fact of life that there is a limit to the amount that the general public are prepared to pay and even a sell-out concert at St James will only raise an amount which is approximately equal to the basic cost of staging the concert. Support is needed by GCOS to underwrite unsold tickets and/or the cost of inviting professional soloists etc to Guernsey.
Sponsorship of GCOS may be provided in a number of ways:
- Underwriting a particular concert or series of concerts or a cash contribution.
- Covering the cost of concert programmes, media advertising and/or general advertising
- In addition sponsors may consider assisting with local radio, TV and Press editorial pre-publicity.
Sponsorship of GCOS may bring rewards in a number of ways:
- By association, your business will share with GCOS a reputation for high standards and for excellence
· You will raise or sustain your profile in the local community.
- You will be seen as returning a proportion of your profits into the community.
- Programmes and advertising may be in your house style and colours.
- The concerts are a corporate hospitality opportunity and GCOS will make available a number of free tickets to sponsors by negotiation.
- Just prior to concerts an advertising banner can be attached to the railings of St James. This must be one of the best advertising sites in Guernsey.
- Guernsey Choral and Orchestral Society will co-operate with your Public Relations Department or Agency regarding radio, TV and Press coverage in editorial pre-publicity and after the event.
· You have the opportunity to display posters in your house style and colours and indeed your own logo etc at St James and in the Dorey Centre.
- Link to your business website from our site.
To learn more about sponsorship opportunities please contact Penny Dravers, Chairman by using the "Contact Us" facility on this website.